Korean Society on Water Environment founded the "Journal of Korean Society of Water Pollution Research and Control" in 1985 for purposes of evaluation and publication of academic research achievement in the discipline of water environment associated with water quality preservation and water supply/drainage system.
The original title of Korean edition of the journal was "Journal of Korean Society on Water Environment (J. Korean Soc. Water Environ.)"; it is currently published 6 times a year on the 30th of every odd month (Jan. 30th, Mar. 30th, May 30th, Jul. 30th, Sep. 30th, and Nov. 30th) to provide people working in the field of water environment with accomplishment of new researches and results of policies implemented.
The title, name(s) of author(s), position(s) of author(s), abstract, keyword(s), reference(s), table(s), and figure(s) of every research paper contributed to the journal shall be written in English; the manuscript contributed to the journal with answers to questions and an agreement on copyright assignment signed by author(s) will be examined according to strict guidelines of an examination of papers with peer-reviews to determine the eligibility of publication of each manuscript.
The journal will comprise Research Paper, Review Paper, Technical Notes, Special Issues, and Discussions on water environment; the Korean Society on Water Environment currently takes following subjects therefor:
1. Research and publication ethics in the field of water environment
2. Globalization and International networking for advanced water environment management
3. Technologies and strategies for water recycling and reuse
4. Effect of nonpoint source pollution on water bodies and its management practices
5. Water treatment and supply, and improvement of such systems
6. Scientific knowledge and engineering solutions related to hydrology and hydraulics
7. Scientific approaches to understand aquatic ecosystems
8. Modeling of water quality and quantity
9. Technology and policy for watershed management
10. Remediation and management of contaminated soil and groundwater
11. Wastewater treatment technologies, and improvement of such systems
12. Understanding natural phenomena and water quality improvement in rivers and lakes
13. Understanding toxicity and health for aquatic ecosystem health assessment
14. Quantitative and Qualitative analyses of contaminants in water environment
15. Environmental policy to improve water environment